Here are some key facts to know:
- If you’ve voted in New York before, you don’t need to provide ID to vote.
- If you’re a first-time voter who registered by mail, and didn’t provide a copy of your ID with your registration, you may need to show ID to vote.
- Acceptable forms include: a current and valid photo ID; or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address.
- Voters without ID: If you are unable to provide ID, you will be able to vote an affidavit ballot.
- Questions or concerns regarding your right to vote? Call our Voter Protection Hotline: 888-416-2060