NEW ROUND OF ENDORSEMENTS NETS NATIONAL SUPPORT FOR COBB CAMPAIGN
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canton —Former volunteer firefighter, healthcare advocate, and Congressional candidate Tedra Cobb secures the endorsement of the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare. NY-21 has the highest senior citizen population of any Congressional district in New York State. Despite the 170,000 people who rely on Social Security and Medicare, Cong. Stefanik has voted to cut hundreds of billions from both programs.
Stefanik’s record on Social Security:
- Cong. Stefanik’s attempts to destroy Social Security started before her time in Congress; in 2012 she supported privatizing the program.
- Stefanik has accepted over $600,000 of corporate PAC money to her campaign from the financial industry. These corporations, who ravaged the economy in 2008, are the same ones who would benefit from the privatization of Social Security.
- In her 2014 campaign, Stefanik supported raising the retirement age for Social Security but when pressed by the media for details Stefanik refused to answer.
- In 2018, Stefanik voted to cut Social Security by $2.6T, $308 billion in the first year.
Stefanik’s record on Medicare:
- In 2015, Stefanik voted to turn Medicare into a voucher program.
- In 2017, Stefanik voted to cut Medicare by nearly $500 billion, raise the eligibility age to 67, and again voucherize it.
- In 2018, she voted to cut Medicare by trillions of dollars, up to $239B per year.
- Stefanik has taken over $500,000 from the healthcare industry, much of this from corporations who would directly profit from her votes.
“Elise Stefanik’s votes show us exactly who she is working for,” said Cobb. “Rather than protecting the earned benefits of our seniors and most vulnerable, Stefanik chooses to side with her corporate donors and their profit margins. Unlike Stefanik, I believe that we need to safeguard Social Security and Medicare for future generations and protect the ability for workers to retire with dignity. I will never take a dime from corporate PACs or big Wall Street banks, and I’ll never support any cuts to or the privatization of Social Security or Medicare. We deserve a representative in Washington who will put our seniors first.”