Tedra Cobb Reaches Fundraising Milestone, Announces Team
Canton, New York, October 15, 2017 — Tedra Cobb, local business owner, former St. Lawrence County Legislator, and Democratic candidate for New York’s 21st Congressional District has released her campaign fundraising figures for the quarter. Cobb entered the race just three months ago, on July 4, 2017. As of September 30th, 2017, Tedra Cobb for Congress has amassed:
- $128,899.09 in cash donations
- $111,366.30 cash-on-hand – a burn rate of only 13.25%
- Over 700 individual donors, 84% from within the 21st congressional district
- An average donation of more than $180
- Over 200 individual volunteers from throughout the district
- More than 1,000 likes and followers on Facebook
- Press statements and news coverage about the environment, economic development, rural healthcare, tourism.
“I owe so many people in Northern New York a big thank you for the early support they have shown,” Cobb said of the results. “While we are thrilled that we have come so far so quickly, it’s still a long way to the election and we need to keep the momentum. That’s why we are focused on hearing from the people, fundraising and keeping our spending to a bare minimum for now, so we have the cash necessary to win this next November.
“Every day that goes by and every vote that she casts makes it clear that Elise Stefanik cares more about her party and her political career than she does about the people who elected her to office. It’s time to take back our seat in the people’s house and elect a representative that puts the needs of our district over party doctrine and political ambition. If you’ve already gotten involved, thank you. If you haven’t yet, please come join us.”
Tedra Cobb for Congress has also launched a new website at www.tedracobb.com where you can learn more about Tedra’s career, the things she cares deeply about, donate, volunteer for her campaign and sign up to host a “Meet Tedra” event in your area.
Finally, Tedra Cobb for Congress has rounded out its team of campaign consultants:
- Polling and strategy by Jeff Plaut at Global Strategy Group;
- Electronic media by J. Toscano and Sarah Flowers at 76 Words;
- Direct mail by Mike Luce and Allison Osborne at Dover Strategy;
- Digital strategy by Chong+Koster, Mark Shipley and Avery Jaffe;
- Holly Giarraputo from Campaign Compliance.
# # #
Tedra Cobb is a business consultant and former elected official with deep experience in strategic planning, program development, communication, and training. Tedra served the public on the St. Lawrence County Board of Legislators and served as Vice Chair, was on the Office of the Aging Advisory Board and Chaired the Government Review Committee. Tedra also served as convener for the St. Lawrence Energy Alliance, a community coalition working to assist low-income residents get safely through the winter months. She announced her bid for the Democratic nomination on July 4, 2017.