Clean Air, Clean Water and a Clean Economy
Protecting the environment is essential for our planet, our region, our health and our economy. NY-21 is not only a place of staggering beauty – its natural resources form the very basis of many of our livelihoods. Tedra is committed to protecting the environment, for moral, aesthetic, health and economic reasons.
- Protect natural resources: air, water, land, forest.
- Drive the tremendous potential from green energy.
- Support innovation that connects environmental protection with economic growth.
- Address the financial and national security consequences of extreme weather events.
- Prepare for future repercussions from climate change.
Turning vision to action
- Defend the EPA’s independence by protecting it from interference by special interest groups and ill-informed government decision-makers.
- Support adequate resources for the EPA and other government agencies responsible for studying the environment.
- Ensure enforcement of existing environmental protections.
- Facilitate investment in the green energy economy.
- Take decisive action against polluters and others who violate environmental protections.
Related policy positions
- Reverse recent, systematic weakening of environmental protections.
- Increase funding for research on sustainable and organic farming and forestry.
- Strengthen public-private investment in environmental tourism and agritourism.
- Support the independence of scientists to conduct research and inform government policy.
- Reinstate tax credits for consumer investment in solar energy.
- Support farmland conservation initiatives.
- Support our military and address the national security implications of climate change.
She knows that the environment is not a luxury for the farmers, families, and small businesses that depend on pristine natural resources. She will fight to protect constituents from pollution, over-development and neglect. She also sees enormous benefits from connecting environmental sustainability with economic development initiatives.