Building a Thriving Local Economy
Tedra pledges to protect the industries that drive our region’s economy, and promote policies that will help NY21’s economy grow.
- Encourage small business development.
- Support existing industries like , agriculture, healthcare, education and tourism.
- Improve our infrastructure.
Turning vision to action
- Eliminate regulations that harm local businesses.
- Secure funding for research and training in vital industries.
- Work with colleges & universities to create internships and training programs matched to existing local jobs.
- Support farmers through commercial kitchens, food hubs, aggregation, and Farm-to-table and farm-to-school programs.
- Further regional investment in renewable energy.
Related policy positions
- Ensure that immigration policies support farmers.
- Boost programs like Arms to Farms and Helmets to Hardhats that help veterans transition to private sector careers in agriculture and construction.
- Support organized labor.
- Create opportunities for young people to live and work in Northern New York.
- Defend net neutrality.
- Facilitate universal broadband.
As a local entrepreneur herself, Tedra fully understands what it takes to grow a small businesses—and what obstacles need to be overcome.