Advocating for Fair and Sensible Immigration Policies
Tedra Cobb will work to ensure that visitors and immigrants to this country receive fair treatment and are protected and valued as important members of our community.
- Recognize immigrants as important members of our communities.
- Support “dreamers” and non-citizen members of the U.S. Military.
- Fight against exploitation and ill-treatment of undocumented workers.
- Treat immigrants, refugees and foreign visitors with respect.
Turning vision to action
- Disentangle police and immigration authorities.
- Support Congressional efforts to codify DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) into law.
- Establish a REAL ID compliant, two-tier driver’s license system.
- Provide basic labor rights (e.g., the right to organization, rest, overtime pay, and disability pay).
- Ensure that the rights of residents with limited English language skills are respected, including access to interpreters during clinical and hospital visits.
Related policy positions
- Simplify the unnecessarily complex visa application process.
- Reject bans on visas for visitors based on religion.
- Strengthen enforcement against exploitation of seasonal and/or undocumented workers.
Because of her deeply-held values – fairness, kindness, respect for diversity, appreciation of other cultures, and equal access to opportunity – Tedra recognizes that we all benefit when we welcome newcomers to this country. Immigrants create jobs, strengthen the local economy, and add to the cultural diversity that makes the U.S. great.