Quality, Affordable Healthcare for All
Tedra has spent 30 years fighting for access to quality and affordable healthcare across Northern New York. She knows first hand the struggles we face and how to work across the aisle to get things done. As the parent of a child with a pre-existing condition, Tedra will always fight for the protections Northern New Yorkers need. On the St. Lawrence county legislature Tedra worked with Democrats and Republicans to pass a countywide prescription drug discount program for uninsured and underinsured.
In Washington Tedra will:
- Support a Medicare public option that everyone can buy into but will force no one to change their health care.
- Work to allow Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices.
- Fight any attempt to weaken protections for those with pre-existing conditions.
- Protect our rural hospitals and community health centers.
- Work to expand access to mental health and addiction recovery services in Northern New York
- Ensure that all insurance plans treat and cover mental and behavioral health equal to physical health