Lowering Prescription Drug Prices
“Elise Stefanik has sold out Northern New York families to the highest bidder. She has accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars from the insurance and pharmaceutical industry and in Washington, and she protects their bottom line. The people of New York’s 21st district aren’t Elise Stefanik’s priority, we see it in everything she does. I’m not accepting corporate PAC money, my vote will not be for sale.” – Tedra Cobb
Tedra knows first hand that the high cost of prescription drugs is an issue far too many Northern New York families face. During her time on the St. Lawrence County Legislature Tedra led the fight to successfully lower the cost of prescription drugs for seniors. Unfortunately in Congress, Elise Stefanik has put the insurance and pharmaceutical companies that fund her campaigns before the needs of struggling North Country families.
In Washington Stefanik has:
- Voted to kick 64,000 Northern New Yokers off their healthcare by repealing the Affordable Care Act. As a result, the cost of healthcare and prescription drugs would increase for all Americans.
- Supported a taxpayer funded lawsuit aimed at gutting protections for people with pre-existing conditions. Leaving patients on the hook for costly medications previously covered by their insurance.
- Voted against H.R. 3 the Elijah Cummings Lower Drug Costs Now Act. A bill that would allow Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices, and save taxpayers $458 Billion.
- Accepted over $200,000 from the insurance and pharmaceutical industry.
In Congress Tedra will:
- Support a Medicare public option. Tedra believes we must reign in the worst abuses of the insurance industry and allow consumers a choice when it comes to their insurance coverage.
- Support legislation that allows Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices.
- Support campaign finance reform to eliminate the corrupting influence of corporate money in politics.
- Refuse ALL corporate PAC money.