Tedra Cobb delivers Petitions to Albany on 12-County Whistle-Stop Tour!
When: Sunday, April 8, 2018 — 8:00 AM
Where: Canton Village Green - Main Street, Canton, NY 13617
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Supporters of Tedra Cobb’s campaign to win New York’s 21st Congressional seat are invited to meet her at one of 12 stops on her two-day NY-21 Caravan to Congress on Sunday, April 8, and Monday, April 9, 2018.
Beginning Sunday morning in Canton, Cobb will travel more than 450 miles and make stops in all 12 counties in the district en route to delivering signed primary ballot petitions to Albany on Tuesday, April 10.
“We talk about showing up. I’ve promised transparency. I’ve pledged to hold at least one town hall meeting in every county each and every year. This 12-county tour is the first step in that promise, my way of communicating that I will do what I say. I will be out there listening and working with constituents,” says the former county legislator who is committed to representing her northern New York neighbors in Congress.
Canton-based Cobb announced her candidacy for NY-21 on July 4, 2017, and with a grassroots team of more than 700 volunteers across the district, she has campaigned and met constituents in communities across the region. Since March 6, 2018, volunteers have been gathering signatures on petitions to ensure her spot on the June 26 primary ballot.
“We had an extraordinary showing,” says Cobb. “More than 200 of my supporters and friends knocked tirelessly on doors to introduce my campaign to their neighbors and to get their support to place me on the primary ballot. Now it’s time to say ‘thank you’ to all who carried and signed and to kick off a winning primary campaign.”
The schedule for NY-21: Tedra Cobb’s Caravan to Congress
DAY 1 – Sunday, April 8
- Canton (St. Lawrence), Village Green/Main Street, 8:00 a.m.
- Lowville (Lewis), County Courthouse, 10:30 a.m.
- Watertown (Jefferson), Masonic Temple, 12 noon
- Old Forge (Herkimer), Point Park, 2:30 p.m.
- Long Lake (Hamilton), Gazebo at public beach in front of Adirondack Hotel, 4:30 p.m.
- Saranac Lake (Essex/Franklin), Riverside Park, 6:30 p.m.
DAY 2 – Monday, April 9
- Plattsburgh (Clinton), Trinity Park, 8:00 a.m.
- Elizabethtown (Essex), The Hand House, 10:00 a.m.
- Glens Falls (Warren), Crandall Park, 12:15 p.m.
- Greenwich (Washington), 162 Main Street, 2:00 p.m.
- Wilton (Saratoga), Gavin Park, 3:30 p.m.
- Johnstown (Fulton), Charles E. Jenner Bandshell, 5:30 p.m.
In each community, Cobb’s Caravan to Congress RV will park at or near the park or landmark listed and supporters are invited to greet her, speak with her, and cheer her on to her next stop.